One cannot overemphasize the importance of getting real, positive reviews to get your vacation rental booked. Reviews can make or break a business AND positive reviews make every business thrive and grow.
In the case of vacation rentals, how you are positioning yourself can be tricky because you are actually providing a product and service at the same time. Your property is your product and how you make your guests feel is your service. You should be aware of this and recognize that fulfilling both is essential to earning positive reviews.
Why is getting positive reviews on your vacation rental important?
In the world where competition is tough and reviews don’t just get around by word of mouth but mainly by social media and Google search, positive reviews will make your property stand out among others. It pays to get high quality photos and detailed descriptions of your property.
Positive reviews are an added assurance for renting your property. Hearing that others have rented from you and enjoyed their stay is helpful. The more positive reviews you get, the better. Imagine renters thinking to themselves along the lines of: ‘Those people were so happy about renting this property. I couldn’t be wrong about renting this one.” Or your positive reviews can be the clincher when a renter is indecisive of which one to book from among his top 3 property choices.
To maintain trust, Owner Direct only publishes reviews made by guests who have booked and stayed at your property. Each review is monitored and approved by our staff.
How do you get your vacation rental booked and earn more positive reviews?
- Make sure your vacation rental listing is looking great. See how you can update your listing here.
- Do not disappoint your guests. Make them see the ‘real thing’ when they arrive on your property, meaning it is as described on the listing.
- Provide a 5-star service at the comfort of your vacation rental be it a luxury house, a cozy condo or a warm home. Clean up. Welcome your guests with a wow.
One week after your Owner Direct guest has left your rental property, an email requesting feedback about their experiences is automatically sent. To supply a review, guests can:
- Click on the link supplied in the email, or
- Log into their account, click on the ‘Bookings tab, and then ‘Reviews as Guest’.
You can encourage guests to complete these reviews in your follow-up correspondence too. Each property review is shown as a star rating as well as their comments.
So go for the positive reviews and get your vacation rental fully booked. Now.