Guests have successfully booked your vacation home meaning you did a great job on your property listing with Owner Direct. Congratulations!
Now what? What should you do next to make sure you don’t fail the expectations of your guests? The answer: Go clean up and get your vacation rental ready for welcoming your guests. In the era of COVID-19 and heightened guest sensitivity upon us, having a clean and sanitized home is more important than ever.
Knowing the basics of cleaning and prepping your property can make all the difference. Refer to this handy checklist for a refresher.
When it’s time to start cleaning, begin by washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water. Put on a mask, ventilate the home and gather up the cleaning supplies.
Cleaning vacation rental checklist
- Clean ALL your kitchen equipment and appliances (e.g. coffee maker, microwave oven, refrigerator, stove top, oven, grill, etc.).
- Replace or remove defective or broken appliances, including light bulbs.
- Replace furnace and air filters.
- Empty dishwasher, washer, dryer, garbage bins, and fireplace (remove ashes).
- Organize pantry and cupboards.
- Replenish coffee filters, dish soap, hand soap, detergent, trash bags, etc.
- Provide clean pot holders, dish towels and a new dish sponge.
- Clean glass windows and doors to perfection. This is even more important when there’s a beautiful view through it, otherwise fingerprints, dust, dirt or hard water residues will ruin the view. Here’s a quick guide for cleaning glass windows and doors (applies to mirrors too).
- Check the battery of the TV remote controls and smoke detectors. Replace as needed.
- Vacuum floor, carpet, rugs, and sofa, including under seat cushions and furniture.
- Dust and clean furniture, vents, blinds, lamps, ceiling fans, air conditioners, etc.
- Wash rugs, curtains and blinds as needed.
- Change bed sheets and pillowcases. For comforters, make sure it is not stained or spilled with anything or you will have to have them laundered. Opt for white bedding or other light neutral colors beige, ivory, taupe, black and gray to give your bedroom a hotel vibe.
- Remove your personal belongings inside closets and drawers (powder tables, bedside tables, etc.).
- Clean, scrub and sanitize toilet and bathrooms (walls, floors, bathtub, toilet, flush, door, faucets, shower, etc.).
- Remove hair buildups in the drains.
- Provide clean linens, hand towels, bath towels and washcloths.
- Replace toilet flappers and toilet bowl brushes as needed.
- Clean dryer lint trap and washing machine.
- Check outside areas too.
- Clean and maintain the BBQ. Check propane levels.
- Review the pool and hot tub are clean and safe.
- Wipe down outdoor furniture and replace any pieces that are moldy or broken as needed.
- Sanitize and disinfect any frequently touched surfaces such as:
- Doorknobs and door handles
- Light switches
- Remote controls
- Lamps, Fans, Appliance handles and switches
- Windowsills and handles
- Keys and lock boxes
- Garbage cans/recycling bins
- Sinks, showers, tubs, shower curtains and doors.
- Salt & pepper shakers
- Welcome book.
Consider leaving a cleaning supply care package with trusted supplies for your guests too.
Cleaning can be a tedious task. However, it is crucial and something you should never skip before your guests arrive. Here’s why:
- Nothing makes renters more happy and satisfied than finding a clean place to stay after a long travel to their vacation destination,
- A clean property elicits positive reviews, and
- Great reviews will boost your property listing.
So make sure your vacation rental is all set, clean and sanitized before guests arrive, okay? And don’t forget to also add some “Wow!” factor.