Yes, I understand that it seems like summer is gone too soon. If you could have it your way, you would have wanted to frolic in the sand and bask under the glory of the sun a little bit more. Your wanderlust is keeping you awake at night, dreaming of the beach, the sand and the surf even when it has only been a few weeks since you came home from your travel adventure. Worry no more, as there are numerous destinations to visit now that fall is here and the weather is kind and pleasant. I have listed top fall travel destinations you might want to consider checking out when the wanderlust kicks in.
1. New York State – You can never really go wrong, should you decide to visit this state anytime of the year. But opting to visit in the fall season will prove to work to your advantage as you get the chance to see stunning views of New York State, with the beautiful fall colors as a backdrop. Watch the autumn colors in gold, red, and orange as you drive around, hopping from one favorite tourist spot to the next. Fall season is also a season of colorful and festive celebrations, so be sure to stay a little while longer and partake in one of the many festivals hosted in the area. Among the top festivals you must not miss are The Annual Apple Festival, Lake George Oktoberfest Fall Festival, and Naples Grape Festival in Finger Lakes.
2. San Francisco in California – This city is also a year round top travel choice, but fall here is one of the best times to visit, as the weather tends to be warm and sunny in the fall. Enjoy the varied international cuisines that can be had in restaurants all around the city, while still being able to sit outside and enjoy a sunny afternoon or mild evening. Enjoy the delightful Ghiradelli Chocolate Festival, and the San Francisco International Dragon Boat Festival. While here, make time to visit the new sculpture and mixed media exhibit on Alcatraz Island.
3. Arizona – This place is one of the ideal places to visit in the autumn. Apart from the numerous scenic views and a burst of beautiful autumn color, there are also plenty of things to do around here during this time. Enjoy the magnificent view of the Grand Canyon and breathe in the season’s beauty while taking in the wonderful natural scenery at San Francisco Peaks, the state’s tallest mountain range situated near Flagstaff. Whether you opt to run a trail, take a hike or observe the wildlife, you can easily do all that in this place. Some of the most notable destinations include the Coconino National Forest and the two beautiful gorges of Canyon de Chelly and Canyon del Muerto, which is part of the Canyon de Chelly National Monument.
4. Mont-Tremblant in Quebec, Canada – The renowned winter destination is also an ideal fall destination. This small village in Canada became a household name thanks to the famed Mont-Tremblant Ski Resort. Situated in the Laurentian mountain range north of Montreal, this prominent travel destination is a top pick for travelers nearby and overseas for the stunning view of the snow-capped mountain range, the numerous top hotels, as well as the many adventurous outdoor activities it offers its guests. This includes hiking, cable car rides, and golf, among others.
5. New England – The thriving tourist industry in New England makes it an ideal place to visit in the fall. This six state region is well known for its rural charm, as well as the many beautiful attractions that make it worthy of every tourist’s time. The charming fall fauna in Vermont is not to be missed, along with a handful of other attractions, starting with the beautiful coastline and numerous islands of Rhode Island, the Maritime Aquarium in Connecticut, the tourist friendly Cape Cod in Massachusetts, Acadia National Park in Maine, as well as the challenging hiking courses in the White Mountains in New Hampshire.
6. Spain – Most known for towering cathedrals, world famous museums and captivating flamenco dancers, Spain is such a haven in fall and offers varied beautiful landscapes, spanning from the Pyrenees to the beautiful coast.