Fall season is the time of the year when I get more comfortable staying inside the house watching movies, baking, cooking or sleeping. Sometimes I could just lie all day on the couch while reading a good book.
But there’s one thing that makes me look forward to this season and want to go outside: getting to view the fall foliage. The changing colours of the leaves, the smell of the trees, and the autumn sky are enough to lift my spirits up and inspire me to get going. It gives me hope, vitality, and zest to continue with life, happily with enthusiasm and passion.
Because of this, I would like to share my top 5 list of destinations in North America which are perfect for viewing fall foliage:
- Vermont, USA – Nothing shows a more perfect view of fall foliage in North America than Vermont. To view the beautiful fall foliage scenery in Vermont, follow Route 100 which winds through the middle of Vermont from North to South. While traveling the route, you will also drive through the Green Mountains where some of the best fall scenery in the area can be viewed. Travelers have noted that the best view in Vermont can be seen when you take a trip in the Killington Gondola up to Killington Peak – a journey 4241 feet long.
- Quebec, Canada – One of the top places to go to have a good view of fall colors in Quebec is from the Laurentian Mountains. This place is found in many top fall foliage destination guides and for a good reason. You should check it out. The Mont Royal Park in Quebec City is a place where you can enjoy a stroll while watching the fall foliage. The beautiful contrast between the skyline of the city and the colors of the trees is indeed eye-catching and very uplifting to the spirits. I love going here again and again. Plus if you have kids, you can have them play and stroll around in the park while you marvel at the beauty of the colorful trees or take pictures of them.
- Michigan, USA – The Hiawatha National Forest in Michigan offers an especially spectacular scenery of fall foliage in Michigan. Various places in Michigan are highly advertised in televisions and radio for their natural beauty and scenery, and I could not disagree with it. The place is just beautiful, especially during fall season when the colors of the leaves are especially stunning.
- Colorado, USA – When you visit Colorado during fall season, you will find that it has a striking difference to the other places you will visit. Commonly, you’re going to see strong shades of red and oranges but the trees found here give out a striking yellow color which is quite unique. You will still see red and orange trees but a great part is yellow forest which is quite pleasing to the eyes and creates a sense of interest. According to Colorado Parks and Wildlife, you can view fall foliage in Colorado by car, by foot, by bicycle or even by horse.
- British Columbia, Canada – The West Coast is usually not included in lists when thinking about viewing fall colors. This is because of the abundance of coniferous trees which maintain their green colors throughout the year. But there are great places to view fall colors here. Vancouver is one of these places. Vancouver is a perfect fall getaway destination. Visit Stanley Park, the VanDusen Botanical Gardens and Queen Elizabeth Park where you get the best views of fall foliage. The Okanagan is another great place to visit in BC during the fall season which is also their harvest season. You’ll be welcomed not only by beautiful colors of trees but also by delicious fruits, rolling hills and many wineries to choose from within the area.
Where is your favorite place to visit during the autumn season?