Destination wedding and/or honeymoon planning guide
One out of every ten weddings is a destination wedding. Exotic places provide picture-perfect settings, spectacular backdrops and memorable vacations for any couple starting a new life together. Here are some great ideas on locations as well as reasons to consider a destination wedding and/or honeymoon.
Reasons why a destination wedding/honeymoon may be suitable for you:
- Less stressful: Most exotic destinations have local wedding consultants and planners that can help you navigate the entire wedding process with ease. Not to mention, arriving at a vacation destination immediately puts you in a more relaxed state of mind – your pre-wedding days can be spent on the beach or by the pool.
- Often less expensive: Surprisingly, even including the travel expenses, destination weddings can have a lower price tag than an at-home event. They usually include a much smaller guest list and savings on the decor, as the naturally beautiful environment serves as both the theme and decoration. Group accommodations, larger vacation homes and nearby smaller vacation rentals can have a significantly lower rate on a per person basis than some of the larger hotels. Deciding to get married during the “off-season” can also help to keep to a modest budget.
- Instant honeymoons: Right after you say your vows, you’re there! No additional packing, travelling or decision-making to do.
- Unique and memorable: The destination you choose will be an expression of your personalities and spirit. Every aspect of the event is also made more interesting through the local culture, food, music and customs.
- Your guests get a vacation: Now, who doesn’t love that!
Some great destination suggestions to start:
- The Caribbean
- Mexico’s Pacific Coast or Mexico’s Atlantic Coast
- Europe: Spain’s Southern Coast – The South Coast of France
- Romantic Italy: Tuscany – Umbria – Southern Italy
- Canada: BC’s Sunny Okanagan – Banff National Park – Vancouver Island – Quebec
- US: Hawaii’s Big Island – Kauai – Disney World, Florida – Sunny California
It can be difficult to find a suitable larger vacation rental for bigger groups. As you search our website, if you do not find a suitable unit, try searching again with a smaller number of occupants. You could split the wedding party into two or more houses, making sure they are near each other (use the map functionality).
Our website is set up to find available units that can sleep the number of occupants you enter. We have many homes with separate suites, for example a large home with 4 suites would be shown as 4 separate units that only sleep 2-4 people each. The owner is usually willing to rent out the whole home at a discount if all units are available.